The different student rental formulas
Depending on your studies, your budget and your desire for independence, different types of accommodation are available to you: service residences, university residences, hostels, HLM housing, traditional rental and shared accommodation.
- Serviced residences : reconcile living in an independent apartment with a very practical student environment.
- Cités U (university residences managed by CROUS) : rooms and apartments mainly reserved for students with modest incomes.
- Homes : welcome students in furnished rooms in a "boarding" atmosphere. Rare places. Not studious to abstain.
- Social housing managed by HLMs : some rooms or apartments reserved for students. Disadvantage: the location is often off-center.
- Classic rental or rental in town : the appeal of an independent apartment, from single studios to 4 rooms, depending on budgets.
- Colocation : allows you to live in a larger apartment and to divide the charges. Be careful in choosing your roommates.